Because there is no party without some party popcorn!
As December 2014 arrived, my sister and I eagerly awaited the annual Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. It became a family tradition where we sat together to watch the show and enjoy various treats. The 2014 show was extra special, as Anna made a trip home from Toronto just so we could all watch it together. Her request was to have a sweet and salty snack party. This consisted of pretzels dipped in chocolate and pink sprinkles, popcorn with caramel and the party favourite: party popcorn. Since then, I’ve prepared this treat multiple times. For my God daughter’s birthday party in the theme of Disney’s Frozen, for my Canada Day party, and just as random treats for friends. Because who wouldn’t want a bag of these? The recipe is very simple, and you can customize the sprinkles to suit the theme of the party! Use green sprinkles for St Patrick’s day. Or perhaps red and blue for July 4th independence day get-togethers. Or just stick to my favourite, colourful pink and white for everyday joy!
PARTY POPCORN INGREDIENTS
- 1 cup white chocolate candy melts
- 1 pack natural or lightly salted popcorn pack
- Sprinkles in your favourite colours and shapes
PARTY POPCORN INSTRUCTIONS
- Pop the popcorn as required, and pour into a large bowl or baking sheet.
- Boil hot water in a double boiler, and melt the white chocolate until it is smooth.
- Pour the melted white chocolate on top of the popped popcorn, and gently mix.
- Add the sprinkles before the chocolate hardens, and gently mix.
- Once the chocolate candy melt has dried, serve fresh in a vintage bowl. Alternatively, divide into small bags to be tied with coloured ribbon and give as the perfect sweet and salty treat bag.