Chocolate Chip Cookies will only get better with the addition of Cadbury Easter Eggs!
Who doesn’t love deliciously chewy and sweet chocolate chip cookies with a cup of milk? I sure don’t know anyone! Easter 2015 was when I discovered the recipe for the Cadbury Chocolate Chip Cookies, and it became my favourite creation for the holiday. It is easy to make, looks festive and tastes like heaven.
What’s also great about this recipe is that you can make the batch, put the dough in an air-tight container, and store it in the fridge for a few days. This ensures that you are never far from a freshly baked batch of cookies. Whether you have a midnight craving, or friends stop by unannounced, you can bake a tray of these delights in ten minutes! They are also perfect hostess gifts presented on a plate or wrapped in a small cellophane bag and tied with a bright ribbon. Start smashing those Cadbury Chocolate Eggs!
CADBURY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE INGREDIENTS
- 1 cup butter at room temperature
- 1 ½ cup white caster sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 ½ cup flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ cup of white chocolate chips
- 1 cup of milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup of Cadbury eggs
CADBURY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE INSTRUCTIONS
- Place the Cadbury chocolate eggs in a Ziploc bag, and use a heavy object to break the eggs to the size desired.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition.
- Add vanilla extract and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix lightly.
- Add the chocolate chips and broken Cadbury chocolate eggs and mix.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and place on parchment paper. Before baking, you may want to add additional mini eggs or candy sprinkles to make these cookies the ultimate deluxe Easter treats.
- Place baking sheet in preheated oven and bake for 8-12 minutes at 350 F, or until edges are golden brown.
- Let them cool on the baking sheet for a couple of minutes before transferring them to a wire rack.
- Enjoy fresh with a cup of delicious white milk.
Every child has a dream of making cupcakes with rainbow frosting!
My God daughter Sadie is just the cutest and sweetest little girl. Our families always celebrate holidays and birthdays together, and even with busy schedules we always spend time with each other. Every year there are a few special weekends when Sadie comes to our house for a sleepover. Last time she showed up with her Hello Kitty rolling suitcase and a huge to do list she prepared. Making origami. Painting. Swimming. Stick fighting. And the famous rainbow cupcakes!
Since we had to fit three days of activities into one, certain tasks had to be simplified. Hence, we decided to use the aid of Betty Crocker products to speed up the baking process while still creating beautiful and tasty treats as per Miss Sadie’s wish.
It’s not from scratch, but they are perfect for a quick activity especially for children. We used the Devil’s Food cake mix to bake the cupcakes, and whipped frosting. For the mixing and baking, we followed the instructions on the box.
Now decorating the cupcakes was a whole other story. We divided the frosting into small mugs, and added various colours as per Sadie’s wish. We then added the various colours to a Ziploc bag. Voila, you are now ready to decorate the cupcakes. As the colours blend they will create wonderful rainbow swirls. Tasty, beautiful and fun to create these bright coloured cupcakes!
RAINBOW FROSTED CUPCAKES INGREDIENTS
- Betty Crocker Cake Mix and additional ingredients (oil, milk, eggs)
- Betty Crocker Whipped Frosting
- Various food colours and a Ziploc bag
RAINDBOW FROSTED CUPCAKES INSTRUCTIONS
- Prepare and bake cupcakes as per instructions on the box.
- Divide frosting into various mugs, and add food colouring to each.
- Spoon all colours of the frosting into one Ziploc bag, as much as possible, ensuring that they are on separate sides of the bag.
- Start piping the frosting over the cupcakes to create the desired look.
Gluten free cinnamon swirl loaf slices can be the most delicious things in life!
I was so excited when my best friend came for a visit to London, England. Making plans for the weekend and thinking of delicious treats to welcome Kait and Matt, I discovered this recipe on the Gluten Free One Shoe String website. I had to make a number of journeys to attain all the ingredients, but the trouble was well worth it.
This recipe contains a large list of ingredients, but is super easy to make. The loaf turned out just perfect, and I welcomed my dear guests with it, alongside a cup of tea and some fresh fruit. It tasted divine! I purchased the gluten free flour from Asda, and you couldn’t even taste the difference, I was really happy with its quality.
GLUTEN FREE CINNAMON SWIRL LOAF INGREDIENTS
For the loaf
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose gluten free flour
- 6 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
- 2 eggs at room temperature, beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the cinnamon-sugar mixture
- 1/2 cup (100 g) granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
For the glaze
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
GLUTEN FREE CINNAMON SWIRL LOAF INSTRUCTIONS
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Use butter and flour to ‘grease’ your pan and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, corn starch, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar, and whisk to combine well.
- Create a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the butter, buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla, mixing to combine with a spoon after each addition. The batter will be thick and fluffy.
- To make the cinnamon-sugar mixture, combine the granulated sugar and cinnamon, and mix well.
- Scrape half of the loaf batter into the prepared loaf pan, and spread into an even layer. Place half of the cinnamon-sugar mixture on top and shake into an even layer.
- Place the remaining batter on top followed by the remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture. Using a butter knife or fork, carefully swirl the batter in all directions. The top of the batter should be craggy and uneven.
- Place the loaf pan in the center of the preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes at 350°F.
- Lower the oven temperature to 325°F, rotate the loaf pan 180°, and continue to bake for about 15 minutes. The top should be light golden brown and firm to touch. When inserting a toothpick in the center of the loaf, it should come out clean, with perhaps some sticky cinnamon sugar on it.
- Make the glaze while the loaf is cooling. In a small mug, mix the confectioners’ sugar and milk. It should form a thick paste, but you can add a touch of milk if it is too thick. Drizzle the glaze over the top of the cooled quick bread. Slice and serve with a cup of tea and fresh fruit.
Oreos can be used for more than just dipping with milk!
Oreos are a favourite for children and adults alike. I remember when we moved to Canada, we really enjoyed these delicious biscuits with a cup of cold milk. Yum
Last year, I discovered the Kraft recipe online, whereby you can use crushed Oreos and cream cheese to create truffles. I was really excited to try this recipe, especially as it was right near Easter. Why not create Easter Egg Truffles!? They turned out great, and were a huge success, especially with my little sister, Anna. For someone who doesn’t like chocolate, she absolutely loves these. I personally prefer the smaller round truffles, but whatever suits the occasion most. They will be a huge hit at any party or as a hostess gift wrapped in a clear cellophane bag.
OREO TRUFFLE INGREDIENTS
- Box of Oreo cookies, finely crushed
- One package of Philadelphia cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- Choice of dark, milk and white chocolate wafers, melted
- Decorations like candy, nuts or a small amount of the crushed cookie crumbs
OREO TRUFFLE INSTRUCTIONS
- Mix cookie crumbs with the cream cheese until well blended.
- Shape mixture into one inch balls (or whatever shape you prefer, I previously made oval shaped egg truffles for Easter).
- Place balls onto cookie sheet covered with parchment paper, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate wafers over boiling water. When ready, dip balls in chocolate and place them on the parchment covered baking sheet.
- Decorate with your choice of deliciousness. You can sprinkle the truffles with candy, nuts or the crushed cookie crumbs. You could also use melted chocolate to drizzle on top.
- Refrigerate until firm before serving. Keep in fridge for up to one week.
Chocolate, caramel and Rice Krispies are always a good idea!
I don’t eat chocolate bars often, but Mars has to be one of my favourite ones. Consisting of creamy nougat and sweet caramel covered with a layer of milk chocolate, you can never go wrong. A few months ago I was helping Erin prepare for a bake sale to raise funds for Children in Need, which is one of the largest charities in the United Kingdom. One of her creations was this sweet and sticky Mars Bar Rice Krispie square. It is one that is simple to make, and everyone will love it.
MARS BAR INGREDIENTS
- 4 Mars Bars
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 3 cups Rice Krispies
MARS BAR TOPPING INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
MARS BAR INSTRUCTIONS
- Melt the Mars bards in a pot over boiling water.
- Mix in the Rice Krispies with the melted chocolate bars.
- Transfer the mixture to a pan fitted with wax paper or well-greased.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together, and pour on top of the bar.
- Cool in the fridge for a couple of hours prior to slicing and serving.
Because everything is better with chocolate chips added as the special ingredient!
Even though bananas are not my favourite, I do love a good banana bread. Especially when it is a chocolate chip banana bread! I’m not sure where the original recipe was discovered, but my mom has been using it for a few years now. This past weekend was my first attempt, and it turned out great. Not only is it a great gift to give, but it is delicious when enjoyed with a cup of tea or coffee.
The basics of the recipe are below, but you can make it as diverse as you would like to. The sugar amount is flexible, while the original recipe calls for a cup of white sugar, 3/4 or even ½ cup will do just find. My special ingredient are chocolate chips, but you can also toss in a cup of chopped nuts or raisins. Preparing for a kids party? Why not put the batter in muffin cups for easy distribution. The limit for this recipe is your imagination. Enjoy!
BANANA BREAD INGREDIENTS
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 ½ cup flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup buttermilk (or sour cream)
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- Chocolate chips
BANANA BREAD INSTRUCTIONS
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, then add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Fold in the dry ingredients.
- Add the buttermilk and mashed banana and mix well.
- Finally, add your special ingredients.
- Pour into the mold and bake for about 45 minutes in preheated over at 350 F until it is well-risen, golden-brown, and skewer comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin for 10 mins, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing and serving.
Sweet and buttery shortbread hearts will steal anyone’s heart!
I have to say shortbread cookies are one of my favourite type of cookies. They are also my boyfriend’s favourite cookies, which makes it the perfect cookie to make around the middle February. Yes Valentine’s Day is celebrated on February 14th, but we also started dating around this time in 2013. Which is definitely cause for further celebrations!
For years now, I have used the same shortbread cookie recipe which appeared on the Canada Corn Starch Recipe boxes. It is easy and simple, and the cookies turn out perfectly (in most cases anyways). While I always follow the recipe, I do find that the cookies are very sensitive. They need premium quality butter in order to turn out just right. They also have to sit in the fridge for at least an hour, just to ensure they don’t melt into a wonderful disaster when you put them in the oven.
As for decorating, I’ve explored multiple options, and discovered the best combination two years ago. Simply melt chocolate wafers, and spread the chocolate on the cookies. They will taste heavenly!!! And you can even create a marble effect if you use white chocolate with a hint of coloured chocolate.
SHORTBREAD COOKIE INGREDIENTS
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup icing sugar
- ½ cup corn starch
- ¾ cup butter at room temperature (ensure it hasn’t been out too long)
- Sugar sprinkles or your choice of chocolate wafers
SHORTBREAD COOKIE INSTRUCTIONS
- Combine and sift all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Cut the butter into small pieces, and add to the dry mixture. Using a spoon or your hands, blend until smooth soft dough forms.
- Roll dough to a thickness of about ½ cm, or as you prefer.
- Cut shapes and carefully place cookies on cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. Sprinkle with sugar if desired.
- Place cookie sheet in the fridge to chill for about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 310 C and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve once cool, or cover with melted chocolate.